Selection Sunday is a week away, and the state of Texas looks strong with five teams projected into the field of 68.
Texas Tech is a No. 3 seed in the estimation of Jerry Palm at cbssports.com.
In Palm’s projection, Tech will be placed in a Midwest Region pod that will open round of 64 play at Dallas.
In addition, Palm projects that Houston and TCU will be six seeds, Texas A&M an eight and Texas an eleven.
With two weeks remaining until Selection Sunday, here are the Texas-based teams projected into the NCAA tournament by Jerry Palm of cbssports.com:
(3) Texas Tech, in the South, at Dallas
(6) TCU, in the East, at Dallas
(7) Houston, in the West, at Pittsburgh
(9) Texas A&M, in the South, at Charlotte
(12) Texas, in the East, at Dayton (R-68)
Note: Texas is projected to play in the round of 68 and the others in the round of 64.